Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Communications and Content Director
Job Classification: Non-exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Social Media Coordinator will assist with day-to-day management of the Oakland A's social media platforms, serving as an online voice of the A's. This role will help with content creation and monitoring social media metrics.
• Assist the Social Media Manager in creating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily with a focus on images, graphics, videos
• Help manage Club's ancillary social accounts as needed
• Work closely with the video coordinator to help develop storylines and narration
• Help manage gameday A's coverage on social platforms
• Help manage Club's photo archiving systems
• Monitor all social media content
• Track the performance of the campaign
• Suggest ways to attract new fan engagement through campaigns and incentives
• Monitor and leverage hashtags and trending content relevant to the organization
• Communicate with followers, respond to questions in a timely manner and monitor fan conversations
• Proven work experience with social media content creation and community management
• Understanding and knowledge of Major League Baseball
• Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
• Solid understanding of leveraging hashtags and trending topics
• Knowledge of online marketing channels
• Understanding of social media analytics
• Proficient in photo editing using Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, managing multiple tasks across multiple teams
• Must be a team player, contributing ideas in large group meetings and persuasive communication skills
• Ability to work games, including nights and weekends
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn912o-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.