Director / Manager, Corporate Partnership Sales
Reports to: Sr. Director, Corporate Partnerships
Job Classification: Exempt
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a full-time Director / Manager, Corporate Partnership Sales. This position will have day-to-day responsibilities such as, new business development activities for assigned Oakland Athletics corporate partners and identified target prospects with the ongoing objective of continuing to maximize all revenue generation opportunities across the Athletics' entire sponsorship asset portfolio.
• Generate and maintain Athletics' corporate partnerships through the commercialization of Athletics sponsorship asset groups that may include, but not be limited to: in-stadium branding and promotions, entitlement platforms, in-market activations, IP rights, tickets and hospitality, media (audio and streaming), social and digital, A's Community, experiential, etc.
• Actively engage the corporate marketplace (local, regional and national) to identify and develop new business prospects through cold-call outreach, industry networking, use of third-party lead services, and other forms of business development tools.
• Research and analyze industry data and best practices to create a compelling value proposition for prospective partners.
• Prepare and deliver fully integrated corporate partnership presentations to existing and prospective partners to maximize revenue generation opportunities.
• Create an annual sales plan that includes an overall sales and renewal strategy, category and prospect target lists, and new business projections for upcoming fiscal year.
• Maintain a highly organized, weekly Sales Pipeline report through Salesforce / Kore.
• Work closely with Sr. Director of Corporate Partnerships and other members of the Corporate Partnership Sales and Partnership Marketing teams to meet and exceed individual and departmental revenue goals.
• Collaborate closely with other departments within the Athletics' organization including marketing, stadium operations, community, game presentation, ticket sales and service, and baseball operations to develop and integrate corporate partner programs.
• Work game days and other special events to entertain existing and prospective partners.
• Likeable, relationship-focused, and customer-centric with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Relentless dedication to consistently building meaningful business relationships
• Tireless work-ethic and a natural tenacity for consistent and sustained outreach efforts
• Ability to problem solve; solutions-oriented mentality
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and a sense-of-urgency approach
• Excellent presentation and organizational skills
• 6-8 years of relevant corporate partnership sales experience with a professional sports team and/or other sports or entertainment property with a demonstrated track record
• Technology proficiency with various software applications including Google and Microsoft suites, Digideck and Salesforce / Kore
COVID 19 Consideration:
All Oakland A's employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must provide documentation of complete vaccination status as part of the pre-boarding process. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxqm2j-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.