The Editor will be able to creatively take assigned work from concept, script, rundown to completion.
• We are able to pull a story together from multiple sources and viewpoints and put it into a cohesive thought
• We understand the tools of the craft, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud / Premiere Pro
• We know the difference between a VO/SOT, package, pre-show, tease, etc and how to edit each one. We understand how to use ENPS and how we build television shows, load scripts, call shots, etc.
• We know how we load our stories in Bitcentral, find file video in TONS and play out our work.
• We have a good working knowledge of how we use File Transfer Protocol software to send and receive video.
• We must be able to appropriately pair music with themes using good news judgement.
• We know how to upload to affiliates like FOX NEWSEDGE. Also, how to download from affiliates like Latakoo, NEWSEDGE and CONSUMER REPORTS.
• We lead the way with communication, specifically talking with producers, writers reporters, etc.
• We handle basic daily maintenance jobs including cleaning raw video on the ''Y Drive'' and our local G-RAID.
• We're able to easily find things in FTP, TONS and the ''Y Drive.''
• Able to provide a set of eyes and ears to Nexstar's ''Two Eyes, Two Ears'' policy.
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 2+ years non-linear editing experience
• Knowledge of all Creative Cloud a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, & holidays
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the US
Pay range for this role is $48K-$53K based on Experience, Skills and Knowledge. Other benefits include Medical, Dental, Visions, Parental Leave, and 401K match.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbpb0e-3-91-92-194-42 in your application.