The Director of Community Relations is responsible for building relationships and of external partnerships that benefit Chicagoland communities, local business and organizations, and the local portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Stations which includes WMAQ, WSNS, and NBC Sports Chicago.
• Acts as the point person for all communication with community event partners.
• Responsible for finalizing contracts, acquiring necessary legal approvals, logo/asset approvals, confirming saleable elements as negotiated (on-air sponsorships, on-site activations, etc.) for all events
• Role maintains a high-level of interaction with the leaders of numerous Chicagoland organizations and businesses
• Responsible for maintaining stations' Community Action Board relationships and outreach
• Responsible for distribution of funding to charities through the NBCUniversal Foundation's Project Innovation Grant Challenge
• Responsible for overseeing Chicago's Clear The Shelters annual event to find homes for rescue animals
• Responsible for organization and logistics of stations' presence at community festivals and parades.
• Responsible for stations' holiday outreach and school supply drives.
• Organize career speakers and station representatives at community events.
• Liaison between Chicago community and news department.
• Responsible for content and branding opportunities for Making A Difference and Marcando la Diferencia initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7 years of work experience in Production, Creative Services, Marketing or Public Relations
• Applicant must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• External applicants must apply through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered for employment
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bilingual a plus
• Able to manage multiple priorities and achieve quality results consistently
• Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
• Exhibit executive presence, especially when dealing with high level executives and corporate representatives
• Superior organizational skills
• Past work experience in the Media industry or broadcast environment
• Sharp attention to detail
• Ability to lead and influence across various functions and disciplines, including Production and Sales professionals
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34m5q-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.