NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Associate Producer in the DC Bureau for Weekend Nightly News is the perfect position to take your career to the next level. The AP is expected to not only support Producers and Senior Producers in the production of the evening newscast, but also produce pieces themselves on a regular basis. The position affords the opportunity to cover DC politics and national affairs, but also feature stories that could require travel.
Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, and pre-interviewing, as well gathering visual elements.
Write and produce tape pieces for day-of air.
Write and produce feature pieces for future air.
Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
• Must have at least five years of editorial experience
working in production at the network or cable level,
preferably with evening television
• Bachelor's degree
• proficient in Outlook and iNews
• Shooting and desktop editing skills, and preliminary
package producing skills
Additional Job Requirements
• Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours,
under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled
shift with little or no notice, if needed
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and
weekends, often with short notice
• Must be willing to work in DC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
-Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
-Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
-Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• DV shooting experience
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
and current events
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3y7p4-3-91-92-194-42 in your application.