Lights! Camera! Action! And we at KTLA have Lots of Lights. Lots of Cameras. And Lots and Lots of Action.
We are looking for a News Operations Manager to oversee the day-to-day technical production of 17 hours of live, daily local programming; plus plot medium- and long-term operational strategies with evolving technologies; and collaborate with Production and Engineering Departments on Red Carpet Award Shows and other complex remote specials. This is a great job for someone who can juggle the daily needs of a large newsroom while also thinking of big-picture strategy. The successful candidate will foster KTLA's Safety-First culture.
• Responsible for all News department technical operations including live newscasts, specials and remote productions.
• In charge of hiring, scheduling, supervising and critiquing all IATSE News personnel, including Photojournalists and NewsCenter staff.
• Research, test and implement new systems and technologies and oversee training for staff.
• Oversee purchase and maintenance of News equipment and News vehicles; and maintain legal permits for fleet.
• Prepare budgets, forecast, plans and reports as necessary. Work closely with the News management team as well as the Production and Engineering Departments.
• Work with Nexstar corporate on group-wide remote productions and collaborate with other Nexstar stations.
• Sound leadership ability with a proven track record as a broadcast and streaming news manager.
• Bachelor's degree and equivalent five years' technical news operations management experience in a major market.
• Capable of managing a large staff while performing duties and making decisions under the inevitable pressures of a large newsroom that produces a tremendous amount of local content.
• Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to work various shifts, including weekends.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zkjq-44-200-40-195-42 in your application.