The Director of Talent Strategy & Partnerships will serve as a leader on the EA SPORTS Business Development team, spearheading high level talent negotiations, supporting the global talent strategy of EA Sports and its portfolio of brands, and providing advice and guidance to EA SPORTS business partners in connection with talent partnership opportunities. This role will report to the Senior Director and Head of Media, Talent and Competitive Gaming in Business Development for EA SPORTS.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Serve as lead negotiator for EA SPORTS talent agreements (e.g., game commentators, brand ambassadors, cover athletes, marketing activations, celebrity partnerships and/or competitive gaming activations).
• Serve as talent rights, strategy, and deal structure subject matter expert, sharing insights and best practices.
• Collaborate with EA SPORTS development teams to support in-game talent strategy.
• Collaborate with EA SPORTS marketing organization to support the building of the EA SPORTS and franchise-specific talent strategies.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure high level talent deals include appropriate rights and/or services across EA business units.
• Evaluate and explore new talent-related opportunities with an eye towards player engagement & audience growth.
• Build & maintain relationships with major athlete representation & talent agencies.
• Leverage agent relationships to secure performers at competitive rates and terms.
• Work with cross-functional partners to provide guidance on talent budgets and develop best practices for talent engagement.
• Work closely with other Business Development counterparts to establish consistent terms and efficient practices across EA.
• Manage supporting team, providing oversight and guidance on deal negotiations, structure, and other talent engagement practices.
• 8+ years in sports, media and/or entertainment (e.g., studio, network, agency) with extensive talent contract negotiation experience.
• Strong production background and knowledge of how talent may be engaged for various productions, including determining key deal terms for such talent.
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to drive process, deal progress, and keep key stakeholders engaged and on-board.
• Strong relationships in the sports and entertainment community, including with talent and sports agencies and management firms.
• Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines and influence effectively.
• Strong time management and organization skills.
• Ability to manage a high volume of work and delegate appropriately.
• Experience and/or comfort working in a large organization, specifically across departments in a matrixed environment.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. JD, a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9b514-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.