403(g) Camera Technician
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major US markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer with Director of Photography level experience. We are seeking someone extremely proficient in shooting, lighting and can bring compelling stories to life. Candidates must have exceptional knowledge and experience with Hi-definition, 4K, UHD and HDR photography. Must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential.
• Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
• Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded.
• Work closely with producers by providing support logistics and shot requirements
• Operate ENG vehicles.
• Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
• Able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively in a variety of circumstances.
Work under deadline pressure.
• Degree in broadcast journalism/production preferred.
• At least 10 years' experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market a plus.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, provide praise and constructive criticism.
• In depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
• Good leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
• Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: HD video and Multi-camera Anchor remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
• Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9xev4-3-229-124-74-42 in your application.