Full Time Job
Video Operations Technician
Arts District Brooklyn
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Video Operations Technician
The Video Operations Technician is responsible for acting as the alternate to the Video Operations Lead on day-to-day management and maintenance of the video production elements required to ensure an exciting and immersive environment for attendees.
This position requires routine maintenance of projectors, rigging, power supplies , media servers, signal/power/data distribution, lighting systems, and IT equipment with a focus on the physical maintenance and operation of hardware and equipment. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of participating in the execution of daily events as well as additional production opportunities. This candidate should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and collaborate with others in an ever changing production environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a projectionist and video technician
- Working knowledge of Green Hippo, Resolume, and Touchdesigner
- Strong knowledge of projection setup, rigging, troubleshooting, and alignment with Barco software and projectors
- Strong working understanding of electrical systems and distribution for production
- Familiarity with NDI and NDI HX based camera and distribution systems
- Basic familiarity with lighting systems including Grand MA consoles
- Basic familiarity with Alcorn Mcbride control integration elements
- OSHA Aerial platform lift certification
- OSHA forklift certification not required but a plus
- Assist the Video Operations Lead for relevant technical operations support, emergency or otherwise. Serve as main point of contact when Video Ops Lead is out of house.
- Be present in the space a minimum of 50 hours a week
- When video or media server related errors or malfunctions occur, be the first point of contact to perform troubleshooting tasks to restore the show to its intended state or guide operational staff over the phone to perform similar tasks.
- Performing regular maintenance related to blending of projectors.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and tidy server room and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of auxiliary materials or equipment needed by production team for special events and needs (i.e. tools, expendables, etc)
- Interact with other production elements throughout the space; and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Perform weekly quality control walkthroughs with Video Ops lead of show and venue to ensure all elements are acceptably close to the "installed" state provided by our vendors.
- Provide direct technical support to private or special events as needed and appropriate. This could include being an operating engineer when necessary or supporting another technical team working within the space for a visiting client.
- Initiate damage / error reporting to venue supervisor and vendor, as well as diagnostics, repair, and replacement when necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72k46-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.