Marquee Sports Network is the television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and also features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
The marketing team at Marquee Sports Network has an incredible opportunity for a student pursuing a career in sports marketing and graphic design! We are seeking a creative, self-starter who is ready for a challenge! In this role, the Graphics Intern will have the opportunity to work on design and creative development across multiple platforms including but not limited to on-air, digital, social and more. Not only will the internship provide the right candidate with a portfolio of work to enhance their resume, but it will give them exposure to a variety of media professionals and the opportunity to learn more about the professional sports and regional sports network industry.
Goals of Internship:
• Ability to build graphic arts portfolio through ideation and creation of assets that live across Marquee Sports Network platforms.
• Gain marketing experience from idea stage to execution and recap of campaigns.
• Exposure to day-to-day operations in the Marketing and Production departments, as well as all aspects of business development and television broadcasting.
• Assist our graphics team in the creation of original creative assets at a rapid pace – on-air graphics, to social graphics to logo and original image creation.
• Maintain highest standards of typographical treatment, image selection, color palette form factors and interface of each medium.
• Communicate with internal clients and key stakeholders about design ideas and project status.
• Propose and create original design solutions as requested; Ensure design goals set out in brief process are met.
• Create or manipulate images in design or imaging software to visualize image concepts, styles or ideas.
• Keep current on image trends, photographers and illustrators.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Student enrolled in graphic design, art, strategic communications or related studies.
• Minimum two years of experience in graphic design environment.
• Portfolio of work that exhibits exceptional graphic design work experience across varied mediums, including social media, and the technical skills to match.
• Mastery of typography, color, image and layout to create engaging designs.
• Versatile experience and knowledge of designing for a wide range of mediums including web, video, screens, including large format screens, environmental and event design.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator) on Mac platform. Experience with motion graphics software, such as After Effects & Premiere, is a major plus.
• Ability to work well under tight deadline schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Familiarity with business applications (Word, Excel) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
• Motivated self-starter who can work independently, but also enjoys collaboration.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to take feedback fluidly, communicate design decisions, and iterate on tight timelines
• A passion for brand integrity and high attention to detail.
• Keen sense of organization.
• Able to commit approximately up to 20 hours a week, minimum of 12-16 hours per week.
• Possible availability for some weeknight and weekend events which will be discussed well in advance.
This is a fully remote, paid internship and receiving credit toward graduation for hours worked is not required. A minimum 12 week commitment is required with a potential opportunity to extend throughout MLB's regular season.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re19e1-34-231-244-12-42 in your application.