Intern - Software Development - September
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSoftware Development Internship (Dublin) - September 2022
Software Development Internship
Demonware (Activision), Dublin, Ireland
6-8 Month Internship
New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Technologies we use, but are not limited to, Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day to day basis, and interns have a big impact on what we do. We've had interns commit code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
We also like to have fun while we're working hard. We dress casually, we have flexible hours, and we have kickass coffee.
''We get to work with large distributed systems, debug them, and have to visualize them in our heads – things you wouldn't have exposure to or get to touch in any other workplace. The work is challenging, and you get to work alongside highly experienced people.''
- Tyler Dixon, intern, 16 months
• Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next 'Call of Duty'.
• Developing plugins and extending our automation framework.
• Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems.
• Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform.
• Designing and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems.
• Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes.
• Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
• Participating in design and code reviews.
• Creating tools to automate all the things!
You will be required to work a minimum of 6 months but generally, the longer term (8 Month+) is preferred as you get more in-depth experience.
• Excellent programming skills.
• A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures.
• Familiarity with source control (git preferred).
• Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
• Can identify complex problems and find simple solutions.
• Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English.
• Be able to commit to a 6-8 month internship
• Understanding of SQL−based databases (MySQL preferred).
• Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP.
• Experience with Linux.
• Experience with multi−platform software development.
• Experience with security and scalability.
• Experience developing REST web services.
• Experience with Kubernetes and golang.
We're looking for the same qualities as Joel Spolsky: ''smart, and gets things done''. For that reason, we welcome your application even if your work experience is limited and you haven't yet built up a mile-long resume.
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any interesting school assignments you worked on, any open source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
• Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and drinks from a fully stocked kitchen
• City-center office location
• Vacation allowance
• Competitive pay
• Free games
• Intern Team Events
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a copy of your most recent school transcripts via this application.
About Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross-platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries. Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences. We have built a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players. We are looking for new talents to help take our emergent media offering to the next level.
We need all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
Ready to play?
Come join our world and work alongside some of the best and brightest minds in the business.
All applications should be made in English.
Discover more at https://www.activisionblizzardmedia.com/
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p6bx-44-200-171-74-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.