Director of Digital Distribution Back
Job Descriptions:The Director of Digital Distribution will be responsible for identifying, evaluating and negotiating partnerships with distributors including traditional MVPDs, online and alternative platforms for Ad & Subscription based businesses. The role will focus on growing strong partnerships that maximize the value of MGM products and its branded channels/services by developing distribution strategies and securing affiliate deals. The individual will support on-going affiliate relations through collaboration with MGM team members and affiliate partners.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead business development and deal negotiations (including market evaluation, financial modeling, sales presentations and contract negotiations)
• Negotiate new video distribution deals for MGM content & MGM branded channels/services across various business models (specifically in AVOD & SVOD)
• Renew and/or expand existing agreements with current distribution partners in order to grow revenue
• Work to source deals with MVPDs on strategies for digital products & services, as well as OTT partners for vMVPD products & services
• Serve as primary business contact to maintain strong partnerships and maximize revenue opportunities
• Develop long term strategies and go-to-market plans to build more efficient use of MGM content across through quantitative and qualitative analysis
• BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
• 5+ years of direct experience executing complex video or channel distribution deals
• Ideally, the candidate will have current relationships with key clients in digital distribution space.
• Excellent negotiations skills, strategic thinker and strong with building financial models
• Strong communication and management skills and must be a team player.
• Deep understanding of digital OTT landscape & traditional TV platforms.
• Must have the drive and commitment to think creatively in order to differentiate MGM’s product offerings.
• Willing to travel for business purposes.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint